Friday, August 4, 2017

Um...
Day Four of writing a page a day.  So very close to not happening. It's 11.03. I'm not quite willing to call the whole thing a failed experiment.
--
The Book of Writerly Wisdom:
How to Choose Your Satellite Office.

Sometimes you have to get out of the house, and there's no better way of shredding that pesky impostor syndrome than to setting up your laptop at a coffee house and letting everyone know you're a writer. I like to go that extra step further. I put on pictures of family and a plastic potted plant. I figure if you're gonna do it, really occupy the space.

Wi-Fi
There are two kinds of writers- no, that's not right. There are many kinds of writers but for the sake of this exercise, there are the kind that need to be connected to the internet for research or cloud media storage, or there's the kind that needs to be not distracted by those things. I tend to fluctuate wildly between the two. Know which you are at any given time, and you'll be fine. Also,  you probably have a phone. You don't *need* WiFi, I say in an attempt to convince myself.

The ability to hang out.
For the most part, we're talking about  businesses here. Although, I will happily point out that libraries have most of what you'll need, and don't charge $5 for coffee. Point being, businesses tend to want you do your thing, spend money and leave. Servers get paid in tips, and people damping out in their section kills that.

Restrooms.
Yep. At some point you're going to have to pee. You'll want to choose a satellite office that you can conceivably leave your stuff in attended for the appropriate amount of time.

Caffeine
Because..  Caffeine

Power outlets.
Unless you have a really good battery.

...

I'm calling that a page.
..





No comments:

Post a Comment