Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hello and welcome to the blog.

Yesterday Facebook memories reminded me that August was "Write a Page a Day Month" or however it was phrased. I won't lie. I failed to do this last year. I made a noble effort and got distracted by something shiny. I'm not going to flagellate myself too much over it. I suck at finish things. I swear I'm getting better. Right?
Yeah probably not. There's a reason I'm not Joss Weldon. 

 I decided to start a new blog. Yes, this blog. Sort of. I went blogspot, like one does when one is starting a blog, only to discover I had already made one. In fact, I made two. (Armchair Nerd is the other one.) Neither of them had any entries. Seems I might suck at starting things too.

So anyway, I figured if I already this set up, I might as well use it. Here is where I post stuff to keep myself honest. Hopefully this time I won't get distracted by something shiny. 


Here are the Rules I made for myself last year:
1. “One page” constitutes one page written on abiword singe spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, or 300 words whichever is the more convenient definition on that day.
2. The writing can be essay, fiction or script. Poetry or filling up the page with lists doesn’t count. 
3. Each writing must be complete. Parts of a larger work such as a chapter in a book are acceptable, but there must be a beginning middle and end. 
4. Writing can exceed one page, but the number of pages do not average or roll over to the next day.

Seems reasonable. More to follow,  because this is probably not a page. 


4 comments:

  1. Numbers 3-4 would get me. You're braver than I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may have been what did me in last year, but it's too hard to fluff my way through otherwise.

      Delete
  2. I love the name. Are you using any writing prompt type things, like apps or email list-ma-bobs?

    Random question that just occurred to me: how old are you?

    ReplyDelete