Thursday, November 2, 2017

Wherein I remember once again that I have a blog.

Holy crap, it's really been since August that I posted.

Sometimes putting words on paper sucks.  Focusing on one thing at a time sucks- or to be more accurate seems nearly impossible. Write a sentence. Check Facebook in the other tab. Fight with yourself to not check it again after the ding indicates three's a new thing. OH! New idea. Work on that thing until you remember something else.  What was that thing I wanted to know. Goes to look up thing. Forgets to what the thing was that I wanted to look up.

Really, as inarticulate as it might be this what it's like in my head, and that's the productive days.

The upshot of all this (Star Wars Commander is currently on my phone by the way.) is that I occasionally take inventory and think "Oh yeah, I meant to write that," or edit that. or finish writing that... or... you get the idea
--
Thing I just thought to post on Facebook:
I have a weird request. This will make more sense if you know me well. I'm trying to do a mental inventory. I have theories, rants, routines, as the kids would "things." As in "Don't you have a whole thing about _____?"
Point being, what are mine again? Like, what comes to mind when say this? Kilts, I suppose are a given maybe. I don't know. It just occurs me I might have a finite number of things I talk about. Maybe? Help me out here.
--

But I digress.

Writing about the writing process really bores me. I think I was going to say something about ADHD.

 Oh right... Routine.
So in the month of October, I wore a kilt everyday. The bigger version of that story is that my lovely wife and I started a fundraiser for Heifer Int, but I'll talk about that later. Or not. The relevant bit is that I did it everyday. Put on a kilt. Go out. Take a picture. Post to social media.

-
At the words "Social Media" I got a message I had to deal with... I'm back now.

The benefit to doing this thing everyday is not something that I would have recognized at first. In really really broad strokes, it's a routine. and routines are good. Structure and all that are good. And, I guess, good for writing.

I realize this has been three hours of me typing word salad amid, checking Facebook, checking Star Wars, posting on Kiltober, and two related messaging threads. But...

I had a point. I'm not sure what it was.

NanoWriMo word Count is 0.

I made an author page a while ago because it seemed like the thing to do. Patreon too but that feels even weirder. {Rant about Impostor Syndrome Here}

This has been a random unstructured post the point of which I may be wondering about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment